We are excited to partner with Harbor District, Inc. again this season as we paddle through our Harbor and up the KK River. We are offering this trip on two different dates: Thursday, July 12th & Thursday, September 13th. Both trips will be similar as we paddle along highlighting and talking about some of the cool projects that are happening in the Harbor District – both on the water and on-land.
These trips are educational, fun, safe and casual. They are perfect for anyone looking to experience the sport of kayaking, a nice outing with family and friends and makes the perfect date night too!
These trips take place after work – please arrive on or before 5:15pm and we’ll return back to our dock by 8pm. We are offering two different dates – Thursday, July 12th and Thursday, September 13th and the format for both will be the same.
• Cost: $30 per person; $15 will be donated back to Harbor District, Inc.
• Space is limited | online pre-registration required (choose your date)
• If this trip needs to be cancelled due to weather and river conditions, we will notify you by phone and/or email and you will receive a full refund.
These trips are organized through a partnership with Milwaukee Kayak Company and Harbor District, Inc. Tickets are $30 each, and $15 of each ticket will be donated back to Harbor District, Inc.
Dates: (we are offering 2 trips and the format for both will be similar)
#1) Thursday, July 12th @ 5:15pm-7:45/8pm
#2) Thursday, September 13th @ 5:15pm-7:45/8pm
• 5:00-5:15pm: Please arrive to MKC before or at 5:15pm
• 5:15-5:45pm: Introduction, instruction and fitting
• 5:45pm: Launch from our dock
• 7:45/8pm: Arrive back to MKC dock
What to expect:
We will paddle as a group. We will launch from our dock, paddle downriver and then paddle back to our dock. There are no stops on this trip but if you need to take a break, we can do so at a location that works best for the whole group.
What to bring:
• Water bottle filled with water
• Small coolers okay
• Dress for the weather – consider bringing a windbreaker (do not wear jeans or heavy cotton)
• A headlamp or two (we have extras)
What we’ll provide:
• Life jacket
• Dry-bag (if available)
• Water, snacks and sunscreen are always on-hand
• Safe and fun atmosphere
• Guides and a safety boater will always accompany our guided paddles
What to wear:
• Lightweight clothing (do not wear jeans or heavy cotton)
• Sandals, flips or shoes with a thin sole
• Rain jacket/windbreaker
• Sunglasses and/or hat
What to expect:
We will paddle as a group. We will launch together, paddle upriver as time allows and then paddle back to our dock. These trips will be safe, fun and educational. Staff from Harbor District, Inc. and Milwaukee Kayak Company will paddle with the group.
• We will check you in.
• We will outfit you with the proper kayak, life jacket and paddle.
• We will have introductions and review information and rules of the river.
• Life jackets must be worn at all times when you are near or on the river.
Please contact Beth @ Milwaukee Kayak Company
Email: [email protected]